If you have read any of my posts, you know I love to declutter, remove the excess, and pay off debt. I also love to listen to decuttering/organizing/debt pay off podcasts and read books on the same topics. There are a lot of decluttering challenges out there. Most of them focus on the stuff. The Minimalist have a 30 day decluttering game where you get rid of 1 thing on day 1 and 2 things on day 2 and 3 things on day 3 and so on. Getting rid of the physical stuff is great. But what happens when you have decluttered your space already or you just want to try this declutter thing on to test the waters?
I have just the challenge for you! Join me in October where I plan to declutter 1 thing per day. Since we are only a month away from the start of a busy holiday season, I believe there is benefit of letting go before we head into the holiday season. I want to let go of some bullshit narratives I have on replay. I want to let go of expectations, people, and obligations that no longer fill me up. I want to make space for people, experiences, and things that fill me up.
The rules are simple:
- Remove one thing from your life per day.
- Keep a list of the things you decluttered in October.
- Tag BMM on Instagram and use #goodbye31
Suggested items to remove:
- Ditch clothing that you no longer wear.
- Cancel the plans that will leave you feeling drained.
- Eliminate an expectation that you thought you needed to keep.
- Delete a toxic person from your phone book or social media.
- Unsubscribe from emails that no longer serve you.
Comment below if you are going to join! Share this post with others!