Personally I find it easy to over do things. This year I tried to carefully curate a list of fall to do items. Some are basically necessary and others are lingering tasks that I always think about doing. But basically these tasks that take between 30 seconds and 30 minutes. I refuse to ruin a whole day doing chores when the weather is literally perfect outside.
Mandatory items prevent fires and help minimize allergens:
- Clean out the dry vents.
- Wash windows, blinds and curtains.
- Schedule carpet cleaning.
- Wipe down ceiling fans and light fixtures.
- Clean under fridge and oven.
- Redo bathtub caulking. Ordered online for in-store pick up at Lowe’s through Mr. Rebates.
- Clean fridge and freezer. Check out the Lazy Genius Podcast.
- Clean microwave vents.
For all of the cleaning items above, I used my homemade spray.
- 1/4 cup rubbing alcohol
- 3 drops of Dawn dish soap
- 14 ounces water
- Wipe down doors.
- Measure and order window privacy cling.
What is on your list? How do you prepare for the next season of life?