In no particular order, here are the books that have changed my life that I treasure and smile each time I see them.
- The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo started my minimalism and clutter free life during the summer of 2018. Marie started my journey to minimalism.
- Better Than Before by Gretchen Rubin showed me how to make good habits and break bad ones in 2016. Today I celebrate 2.5 years of sticking to a weekly workout plan.
- Happier at Home by Gretchen Rubin is a follow up from #4.
- The Happiness Project from Gretchen Rubin “turned my life from negative to positive” in the words of Pitbull.
- You are a Badass at Making Money by Jen Sincero reminds me to stop selling myself short when it comes to my value and worth as well as when it comes to a new job. Aim high!
- You are a Badass by Jen Sincero broke the negative self talk in literally one chapter. I am a badass. I am beautiful. I am own my life story.
- Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert reminded me to eat what makes me happy, do what makes me happy, and to love myself. Then I can be the best for others.
- How to Live a Good Life by Jonathan Fields is a constant reminder to check in with myself and cut myself slack if a busy season occurs.
- Let My People Go Surfing by Yvon Chouinard inspired me to become a better leader during my undergraduate classes. I strive to promote a work life balance daily regardless of my level in an organization.
- A Year of Less by Cait Flanders (not shown but I have it digitally) changed my internal story that I sucked at managing money and now I have an emergency fund!
What book sparks the most joy for you?