Our oldest niece turned 15 in May and so the birthday planning began. Years ago, we started a tradition that we do things with her rather than buy presents. This year she is going to NYC. Yes, one of the most expensive cities in the world for a day trip during my year of no shopping!
Our itinerary is as follows:
- 6:45 am depart on a bus ($98 round trip for 2) for #takearoadtripday
- 10:00 am arrive at Port Authority
- 11:15 am check in for #InternationalYogaDay yoga on Times Square compliments of Aerie (FREE!) where we receive free Aerie swag.
- 11:30 to 12:30 Yoga class on Times Square with thousands of fellow yogis.
Then an afternoon and evening full of #SELFIES on #NationalSelfieDay
at random NYC landmarks with lunch and dinner. Could I have planned an amazing #birthdayfunday that does not break the bank? Check back this weekend when I give you the verdict. In the meantime, make Friday a #funfriday and do #NationalSelfieDay!
Total spend $253.48
- 2 round trip bus tickets $98
- 4 trips on the subway $11
- Lunch for 2 $41.84
- Water and juice $22.64
- Shopping for niece $76.84
- Taking #selfies on Times Square while doing yoga, along the Brooklyn Bridge, and seeing the Statue of Liberty $priceless
What is also priceless, spending time, making memories, and sharing my love of yoga.