You got invited to a party. Great! What do you bring? Hmmmm.
This summer I found my signature dessert while searching for British inspired desserts for my May book club (AKA the anniversary of Meghan and Harry!). The recipe I selected is beyond easy and is a hit at every party.
I no longer ask what I could bring. I offer to bring a dessert. It is what I have the capacity for in the summer. If the host declines, ok. Most of the time they do not.
- 5 vanilla individual pudding cups
- 1 8 oz whipped topping aka cool whip
- 1 box of 6 mini Entenmann’s pound cakes
- 1 pound of strawberries
How to Assemble:
- Cut mini pound cakes into smaller pieces (I do triangles for fun). Place them at the bottom of the bowl.
- Slice half of the strawberries and place on top of pound cake.
- Spoon out 5 vanilla puddings evenly on top of the strawberries. (You get one as a treat).
- Spoon out all the whipped topping evenly on top of the vanilla pudding.
- Slice the remaining strawberries and place on top for decoration.
I usually make this the day of the party because takes less than 10 minutes.